Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Walking Dead: Say the Word



“When you have a chance to kill someone, don’t hesitate.” – Terrorist in Die Hard

The normalcy of the party seems wrong. I didn’t think anything could seem more wrong in that setting until the next scene when the Governor is brushing his walker daughter’s hair. It was shocking for a second, but, after Hershel’s family’s weirdness with keeping their own and their neighbors in the barn just in case a cure was possible, all kinds of crazy seems normal. However, it’s still an abomination. I can’t think of another way to describe it.

Any kiss could be the last. That’s one way to keep the magic alive. I love Maggie and Glenn. It’s the only true thing on the show. It feels so real. I still wouldn’t have let me girl ride off on the back of Daryl’s bike, though, no matter how close I felt to her. When Daryl and Maggie were at the daycare center, my first thought was, if I they show a toddler walker, I quit.

Rick has been ruthless and decisive, but never irresponsible. His character has changed, but this is way out of character. Charging into the prison alone to go on a killing spree . . . yes, anger is one of the stages of grief, but there are safer ways to deal with it. Think of your psychologically damaged son. Someone needs some Ativan, stat! Glenn is one of the best. Putting hands on him isn’t going to win you points with anyone. If killing the walker that ate your wife doesn’t make you feel better, I don’t know what will.

Michonne having her katana back is the only relief I’ve felt while watching this show since the second episode. A girl’s gotta keep her skills sharp! I love how transparent the Governor seems when he’s in Michonne’s presence. His sliminess gets extra shiny. Too bad Michonne guessed wrong about the Governor’s list. I hate this creepy-ass motherfucker. She should’ve killed him. In that world, the living are as a big of a problem as the dead. She shouldn’t think of it as a waste to take a human life. I don’t like seeing that weakness in her.*

First of all, Andrea, the Governor is not your daddy or Michonne’s daddy. He tattles/chides and Andrea plays hall monitor/big sister? I’ve lost all respect for Andrea. I’ve been waiting for Michonne to leave her ass for a while. I would run as fast as I could out of that compound. My first thought would be that the Governor’s people are watching me through binoculars, going to track me, find me, and kill me. Run, Michonne! RUN!

You’ve got to be kidding me. Totally the future of UFC, though. People need entertainment? Put on a Shakespearian play. Hell, turn Star Wars and other movies into plays. Have a salon or something. Jeez.

Was it just me or did this episode fly by? And is it first name Ass, middle name Kicker? Or all the first name “Asskicker”?

*Confession: On The Talking Dead poll, I voted no on killing the prisoners at first sight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment