Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Breakfast + A Cleanse

I have horribly abused my body this summer with sugar, fat, and every kind of fried carb known to man. My body is now begging for mercy. Weird skin. Bad sleep. Unstoppable weight gain. Constant headaches. Something inflamed in my gut area. General feeling of grossness.

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day in that I have to eat it. I can't skip eating in the morning, but I don't want dairy,  oatmeal, eggs,  meat, or even "fun" foods like waffles, french toast, pancakes, etc. Everything makes my body cringe. So, what to eat?  What to eat?




Today I turned to my canned goods in desperation: garbanzo beans and beets with lemon juice,  salt, and pepper. Pretty good. No flavor was over powering. I don't feel gross. It kept me feeling full for as long as anything else I've ever had (2 hours).


I definitely need a body re-boot. After a conversation with a coworker yesterday, I decided to seriously look into the Master Cleanse. I always thought it was for actresses who needed to get a gaunt look for a (every) role, but my coworker managed it and said it made her feel great.
I figure why not. All I need is a bunch of lemons. I don't drink coffee, so I'm not worried about caffeine withdrawal headaches. I am worried about sugar withdrawals, but that I need more than anything. I'll be picking up lemons tonight and starting tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment