Thursday, August 28, 2014

Back to Books

There are certain books I re-read every year and have for quite a long time. There were some books in that were in rotation, but, after ten years or so, I was no longer interested in picking them up. They will be denoted with [these]. The list is Stephen King heavy, because his were the first novels I ever read when I was in elementary school. They really made an impression.

Mid-August: Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption by Stephen King. It just reads like a late August sunset.

Early September: Christine by Stephen King. It's the perfect back-to-school read.

Late September: Pet Sematary by Stephen King. It's just got that fall vibe.

October: Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris. One of the greatest female protagonists ever written.

[Early November: Needful Things by Stephen King.]

Thanksgiving: Smilla's Sense of Snow. One of the greatest female protagonists ever written.

Christmas: The Shining by Stephen King. Classic Christmas tale - all snowy and pretty.

February: Misery by Stephen King. I have no idea why this is my February book.

Late Spring, Early Summer: Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk and Red Dragon by Thomas Harris. It's an Ed Norton thing. These books have only come into play recently.

[June: It by Stephen King. This book is seriously messed up.]

[4th of July: The Stand by Stephen King. The first time I read this book it was over the 4th of July weekend while I was in Vegas with my family. If you've read the book, you'll know how unfortunate that is.]

On top of all of these books, I read other new books. Like every two weeks or so. Sometimes they overlap. I swear I have a social life, too. A pretty active one at that. I just have to read to fall asleep.

Anyone out there re-read favorite books regularly? I would love some book recommendations, especially of books by female authors. I'm open to genres despite the doom and gloom list above.

No comments:

Post a Comment